The Gardens at Great Dixter



I'm reposting this shot from my trip to England last year because I just discovered that Great Dixter now has its own YouTube channel and they just posted this video that shows the entire process that goes into making the pot display each week: http://ift.tt/1kbfpam _______________________________________________________________________ My original comment over a year ago: On this trip I finally made it to Great Dixter. After trying to get there without success by public transport on previous trips, I finally learned that the best way is by bus from Rye, a most worthwhile destination anyway, where I spent three nights in late May. I got to the gardens on a perfect late May morning, the crowds were not bad at all, and I even got to meet Fergus Garrett, who took over the running of the garden when Christopher Lloyd died in 2006. Today I've gone quickly through over 300 images and have picked out a few that give an overview of this iconic place. If you have time to click on the set and run the SLIDESHOW in FullScreen Mode, you can take a quick tour. Later in the summer, I plan to go back, add the best of the remaining shots, and annotate them. Until then, here are some links: http://ift.tt/1f9tPco http://ift.tt/1f9tMNL... http://ift.tt/1kbfpao http://ift.tt/1f9tMNP .... http://flic.kr/p/cUSu5o

Popular Posts